Menu

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Longarm Quilting Service by iTec Quilting

Longarm Quilting Service Description
The description is subject to change without notice.

Schedule a time with me for a free estimate, or go through the checklist below.
Click here to Schedule a Virtual Meeting.

Quilting is done with a Computer-Guided system. Depending on the quilt, I may use free motion or ruler work at times. 

Edge-to-Edge (E2E) Quilting – A single quilting design repeated in a row from edge to edge, and the row repeated from top to bottom of the quilt. Also known as Border-to-Border (B2B), Point-to-Point (P2P), or Pantograph.

Fee: $0.02 per square inch 

Custom Edge to Edge (E2E) Quilting – A quilting design repeated in a row from edge to edge, and the row repeated from top to bottom of the center of the quilt with special attention paid to borders or a single block. 

Fee: $0.025 per square inch 

Custom Quilting  Quilting design comprised of a variety of digital patterns, motifs, designs and/or special border treatment.

Fee: $0.035 per square inch

Custom Quilting with Applique Treatment – Quilting design comprised of a variety of digital patterns, motifs, designs and/or special border treatment with the addition of extra care around applique.

Fee: $0.045 per square inch

Basting for Hand Quilters – Standard basting for hand quilters is a row of stitches placed every 1" apart. Each row spaced 2" to 3" apart (my preferred method is to place stitches in a continuous S-like shape per block). Also, the outside edges of the quilt top stitched every 1/4" apart. These stitches using a contrasting thread are intended to hold the Quilt Top, Batting, and Backing together until the quilter is ready to hand quilt that area.  (Click on photos to see them larger)

        Fee: $0.005 per square inch




 


If you don't see something you like, let me know what ideas you have of what you might want, and I can look for something more specific.


The maximum quilt top width I can work on is 120 inches wide.

To calculate an estimated price of having E2E Computer Guided Quilting done on a quilt, do the following:

 

Measure the quilt across the centers (measurements in inches):


1.) from side to side (SS)

2.) from top to bottom (TB)

Example: 60” x 80”

 

Multiply the two measurements:  SS x TB = inches square (in2)

Example: 60” x 80” = 4,800 in2

 

Multiply inches square by the price per square inch: Inches Square x .02 = estimated cost of quilting for that quilt top.

Example: 4800 x .02 = $96    

 

Estimates based on Standard Quilt Sizes

Quilt Size

Inches Square

E2E

Custom

50” x 65” (Lap)

3250 in2

$65.00

$113.75

70” x 90” (Twin)

6300 in2

$126.00

$220.50

85” x 96” (Double

8160 in2

$163.20

$285.60

90” x 108” (Queen)

9720 in2

$194.40

$340.20

110” x 108” (King)

11880 in2

$237.60

$415.80












A minimum of $50 will be charged per quilt (this does not include the Baste option). This does not include the additional fees listed below.

 

Quilt Top Requirements –

The quilt top is required to be clean (i.e., no food chunks, dirt, or animal waste), pressed, and all foreign objects removed (i.e., pins, needles, binder clips, and other such items).

I will do my best to clip the stray threads on the top of the quilt, but stray threads under the top are up to you.

    Borders - While it is always fun when friends wave, wavy borders are not a longarmer's friend. To avoid wavy borders, check out this tutorial

I will most certainly work on your quilt with wavy borders, but please understand that I will do my best to remove the wave as much as possible. My last resort will be to add a pleat to the border and/or quilt center blocks to try to tame the wave. 

Backing Fabric –

The backing fabric must be at least 8” longer and wider (*no more than 12”) than the quilt top measurements.

Currently will not use bed sheets or batik as backing.

  • I offer a few basic quilt backing. Click here to view.
  • My local quilt shop, Aunt Judy's Attic, also has backing available. Click here to view. If you purchase from AJA, leave a note with your purchase that "Paco will Pick Up."

If you wish for me to piece together your backing, there will be a $10 charge for the first seam and $5 for each seam after that. Will consider exceptions. 

If you are piecing your backing, make sure you remove selvages along your seams. Selvages shrink at a different rate than the rest of the fabric and it will distort your quilt backing.

There is no need to iron your backing. I use a fine mist of water as I load the backing onto my frame. This will remove any folds and creases.

*If the backing fabric is more than 12" wider than the quilt top, it becomes a challenge to work with. I may be required to trim it to size.

Batting –

Batting must measure at least 8” longer and wider (*no more than 12”) than the quilt top measurements. 

Currently not accepting: Fusible batting of any kind

I offer a few basic battings:

  • Pellon Polyester batting - 100% Polyester, Medium Loft (96” wide) - limited supply.
  • Hobbs Heirloom - 80% Cotton/20% Polyester, Medium Loft (96” wide) no longer carry.
  • Quilters Dream Request Poly - 100% Polyester, Low Loft (120” wide)
  • Quilters Dream Request Cotton - 100% Cotton, Low Loft (120" wide)
  • Quilters Dream Blends - Natural 80/20 Select, Midloft (93" wide) - New Standard unless otherwise specified.

*If batting is more than 12" wider than the quilt top, it becomes a challenge to work with. I may be required to trim it to size. 

Threads –

Different designs have different densities, which require different amounts of thread. Threads for the top and bottom of the quilt will be the same unless discussed otherwise.

There will be a $5 charge for the first thread color and $2 for any additional thread color change after that. 

Trimming –

After the quilt is quilted and you wish to have the extra fabric/batting trimmed off, there will be a $0 charge per quilt. The trimmings are yours, and they will be kept with the quilt.

If you have selected custom quilting, batting trimmings may be required.

If you wish to donate the extra trimmings for charity quilts that I make, I send you A HUGE THANK YOU!

 

Binding Services –

I do not offer binding services at this time – If you would like me to source local individuals from my area whom I trust to do your binding, let me know. Additional fees may apply.

 

Shipping –

Please set up a meeting with me when you are ready to send me a quilt. You can call me at the number above, send me a Facebook message, or click here to schedule a virtual meeting. We will discuss what you wish to have done with your quilt. I will give you directions for mailing it and email you a form.

If you wish to drop off your quilt, contact me, and we can arrange an appointment date and time.

Return shipping will be done using USPS. The cost will be calculated when the top is completed.

 




Payment –

Once the quilting is complete, you will receive an itemized invoice from PayPal via email. Payment is due at the time of completion. Once your payment has been received, your quilt will be placed in the mail the next business day, and you will receive a tracking number via email/message.

If unpaid for more than 30 days, a late fee of $50 will be added each month payment is late. After 3 months of non-payment, the quilt will be completed and donated to a local charity of my choosing.


Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at all your quilting options and hope to have you quilt one for me in the future. I loved the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I am always adding to my designs.

      Delete