Menu

Friday, November 2, 2012

King Box Springs Upholstery

I had recently switched over to a King bed from my high queen water bed frame with mattress and of course, with a new bed comes a new sheet set, comforter, bed skirt and pillow cases. It looked cute! But I became quite annoyed with the bed skirt. It was too long & slippery.  Whenever I would walk next to my bed, I would end up stepping on it! or when I would make the bed, the skirt would slip out and end up askew and funny looking!

So I was left with seeing my box mattress sticking out from below my comforter.... Until I saw this grand idea of recovering the box spring on Pinterest!
I even tried to see if my home made orange quilt would cover the box mattress but still didn't work out.
I had saved my bed skirt that came with the comforter. I cut the skirt part off from the rest and used in wrapping around only the two visible sides of each of the king box mattresses. I used a staple gun and card board strips to make a straight line and also to keep the fabric from stripping through the staples.

I don't think I could have done it with out the help of my girlfriend to help pick up the top mattress & hold the boxes while I stapled the material.
I'm totally tickled with the way this turned out!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment