Menu

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Stacked Stones Table Runner and Quilt


Back in January 2017, I had the most fun hosting my first Mystery Project. Not only did I host it in my online quilting group, Life's A Quilt, I hosted it at the local quilt shop too! It was a short mystery, the participants had the fabric requirements and only three weeks of clues... This was THE perfect mystery for those beginner quilters and those who have never done a mystery.


The participants had the option to make a small table runner or they could go for a larger size quilt. 

The last count I had, was about 60+ ladies from my online quilting group join in on the mystery. If you would like to check out their finished product photos, join Life's A Quilt to view them. 

For the fabric requirements, they were required to choose a Focus fabric, in addition to a Dark, Medium and Light. 



 Of course, with my fabrics - I had trouble deciding on the medium...

Clue 1 required us to make two patches out of our Lights and Darks and sew them onto a rectangle to make odd-looking corner patch units.
 


Clue 2 had us working on our Medium fabric, cutting the pieces and sewing them to our odd-looking corner patch units.
Clue 3 was our final clue and reveal, which required us to sew our units into blocks and into table runners and quilts.



Several of my family and friends tested the pattern for me and I was forever grateful! Here are their quilts and table runners.
Table Runner, Sandra Forsyth from Kapuskasing, Ontario Canada
 
Lap Quilt, Patty Savage from Windsor, Ontario Canada

Lap Quilt, Brenda Richardson From Cotton City, New Mexico USA
I just love her addition of an appliqued giraffe in the bottom right corner...

Table Runners, Paco Rich from Silver City, New Mexico USA

Table Runner, Katy Estrada from Cotton City, New Mexico USA
The judges at the 2017 Southern New Mexico State Fair thought it was pretty cool too... 
I was invited for a charity sew day and I wanted to donate the pattern to those who would like to donate a quilt to charity. I created a Stacked Stones Charity Quilt size pattern based on this mystery project. This quilt top measures 60" x 60". If you do wish to make this quilt top, please share a photo with LifesAQuilt.LAQ@gmail.com. Thank YOU!!!

Who sews with their shoes on....???
Quilted by Judy Billings and bound by Paco.



No comments:

Post a Comment