Menu

Friday, July 21, 2017

The Wrangler

This year,

Aunt Judy's Attic


is participating
in the 

Row by Row Experience 2017

On the Go!



It was dark and cold in the bunkhouse when Joe the Wrangler arose.

The top hands were still a snorin as he jumped into his clothes.

In the east the dawn was breaking as he mounted and rode away

cause if the Remuda wern't in afor sunup he'd have a price to pay.

– Written by Gerry Billings, Longtime Wrangler for

 AT Cross Cattle Co. Grant County, NM


This was my first year using the my new-to-me quilting software, Electric Quilt 7. I was so tickled that the computer image (bottom) matched so well with the one that I actually pieced together (top). Before EQ7, I was using the free software for drawing called Gimp - wonderful for outline drawing for appliques, but nothing in there for fabric options like the EQ software has.

I built this off my wall hanging called The Windmill

This was actually my last year to make a Row by Row quilt out of the rows I collected. 






Each of the applique pieces I added to my quilt can be found under the applique tab above. 




Feel free to check out our other Row by Row Experience Patterns: 

Not sure what the Row By Row Experience is?



As you travel around the United States, Canada, AND Europe this summer, take a minute to stop by participating brick and mortar quilt shops and pick up a free pattern for a row. No two quilt shops have the same row pattern! 

AND if you have time, make a quilt using eight (8) of those rows and be the first to take your completed quilt to one of the participating quilt shops to win a prize of 25 fat quarters (about $70 worth of fabric)!

Added Bonus: use the row from the quilt shop you take your quilt to and get a BONUS prize!

Starts June 21st, 2019 - Ends October 31st, 2019

Click here to find out: 

No comments:

Post a Comment