Menu

Sunday, July 23, 2023

A 3D Hexagon Pattern

Back in 2016, when the facebook group, Life's A Quilt, first started, I was asked to teach a little bit about sewing 3D Hexagons. I came up with a table runner that used three of the blocks in a vertical layout and I used the Easy Y Seams Technique. There was so many parts and a lot of detailed photos used for the tutorial, I chose to make it a online tutorial. Click here to go to the online tutorial...

But, many quilters I know like to have a printed copy of the pattern in their hand as they work through the steps of piecing a block together.

In 2017, the opportunity presented itself again, for me to teach sewing together a 3D Hexagon Table Runner using Easy Y Seams. Only this time, I didn't want the same vertical layout of hexagons as before. I chose to have my 3D Hexagons laid out side-by-side. I also set up this tutorial in paper format, no matter how many pages it printed out to be. The one catch - this pattern was to be for Life's A Quilt Members only.

This class was set up so that the most novice quilter would be able to follow along.

  • Throughout the class, we became comfortable with picking our fabrics.

  • We learned two ways of cutting half hexagons, and one way of cutting diamonds.

  • We went through the steps for machine piecing together 3D Hexagons using the Easy Y Seams method.

  • By the end of class, we had a finished table runner top measuring about 18" x tall by 38" wide.



And the best part - I have FINALLY set the pattern up so it is available for you!

Click on any of the images below and you will be take to a secure website to purchase a copy of the printable pattern.




If you have any questions in piecing this pattern, please feel free to join my facebook group: iTec Quilting.

Or if you make the table runner, I would love to see it!




No comments:

Post a Comment